Summer is the most common time to move, which means you’re packing and lifting boxes during some of the hottest months of the year. Not only is moving stressful but combined with the heat it can be extremely hard on you. Be sure to pay attention to how your body (and mind) is feeling at this time, and know when you need to stop for a while:
- Take breaks! Moving is no easy job, so it’s perfectly okay to take a break every now and again.
- Color code your boxes for each room. This way you can keep everything in the right place so you’re not searching for things as soon as you get to your new home.
- Unpack as soon as you can. It’s easy to feel defeated and unmotivated when your home doesn’t even feel like a home – so decorate and unpack quickly!
- Get to know your neighbors. You never know – maybe they’ll be your new best friends!
- Drive around the neighborhood. Get to know where everyone goes to hang out, where the best place to eat is, and where you can go to get away from people.
- Be excited! This is a new, interesting place to explore – so get in a positive mindset before you even leave your old home!
We’d like to remind you to stay hydrated and eat healthy foods while moving, as you’re going to be spending a lot of extra energy during this time. Moving can be a very trying experience, but look on the bright side – you could be in your forever home! CAB Group loves to offer tips and tricks on moving around the New Jersey/New York area – so don’t hesitate to ask for help!